Saturday, August 6, 2016

Week 2 of Business Class

I've come to appreciate my church standards even more this week as I've engaged myself in business ethics 101. No one ever tells you that what you're doing in church directly affects the way you do business in the real world. In church you learn to be honest in your dealings with your fellowmen, to serve others and treat them with respect, and to live with in your means and stay out of debt. Now going off of what I learn in church I've just put myself ahead of the game by at least 5-10 years. Another important church principle I'd like to focus on is faith. In church we learn that faith is the evidence of things not seen but are real. How does that relates to business? Faith is the key to overcoming your fears of getting yourself into something you have no idea will be successful. Faith is the opposite of fear and vice versa, fear is the opposite of faith. If your too scared about starting a business and spending money you might not get back, then faith is most likely what you're missing. Might I emphasize the word faith is a verb or an action word. It requires work. We can't just start a company and hope that it will grow on it's own! We've got to put forth the effort and work. A prophet from my church said these important words when I was a kid, "Do your best, do your very best!" I know by experience my best effort is pretty good. I know if I do my very best, it is good enough where people pay me for my services or products. It's already been done so my faith is dormant no more. I know I can do business. The question is will my faith continue to grow and continue to overcome other fears I have not experience yet in business? I believe the answer lies in the DOing. But not just any Doing...it's gonna be my very best Doing. Which means I have to learn and grow as an entrepreneur. I have to adjust with the times but not adjust my standards. My standards are what make my faith stand upright and true. It is the solid foundation upon which my faith is allowed to stand. Just like a house build on a concrete foundation and not a sandy one. This is how I will do business.

No comments:

Post a Comment