Saturday, August 13, 2016

Have I Contributed Something Meaningful?

If you know me like my wife knows me, you probably know that I'm a 'jack of all trades.' I consider myself pretty handy around the house. I can make the basic light bulb repair and fix the door knob when it needs replacing. I'm pretty proud of that! But in reality, I know that I'm really a 'jack of all trades, master of none' type of guy. I can do many things but I'm no master of any trade. The good Lord has blessed me with a lot of talents and I try to exercise those talents before it floats off into never land. Putting that into perspective, I have often wondered how I can apply my talents to business? What good can I contribute to the world? How can I contribute something meaningful? Whats a need in the world that I can satisfy with my talents? These questions are a great way to figure out what type of business I want to do because it brings our passions at the fore front of why we do business. In last weeks blog, I mentioned that money shouldn't be our primary reason for doing business. All successful businesses make money. Some more than others. Success is not measured in dollar signs. Success is measured in doing something meaningful and great! So the next time you ponder and think about what type of business you want, think of last time you lost track of time. That might be your God give talent. If it satisfies a need in the world, and it causes you to help and serve other, that might give you a clue on what to do next.

No comments:

Post a Comment