Friday, August 19, 2016

Be Not Weary in Well-doing!

I'm only 4 weeks into this semester and I am starting to feel the pressure. I love everything that I'm learning in school but my mind feels over loaded! This week was especially hard due to my family obligations, work obligations, church obligations, business obligations, and just life in general. It feels like I have to run ahead 10 yards to do 2 yards of work just to keep pace in school. As I talk to my wife at night I let her know my frustrations. I actually made the comment that I should just quit. School is getting to be too much! It wasn't until I read an article by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland. I envision Elder Holland's intensity as he reads and pleas with his audience to hang in, and hang on. He quotes from the Doctrine and Covenants section 64 verse 33. "Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great." I'm sure I've read that scripture a million times but envisioning elder Holland say it brings me great comfort and encouragement. Everyone has to go through this learning process. Be not weary in well-doing. That is my new anthem to help me get through this semester and on to my degree. I understand the process. It's just hard sometimes. But knowing that God is there to cheer me on brings me joy. Better things are coming, I know it! Hang in there, hang on. Enjoy the process, trust the process, and have a little more faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment