Wednesday, August 10, 2016

It's Not About the Money

Why did I chose to study business? Why does it interest me? What can business possibly teach me that will benefit my life? Was I in it for the money? How much can I earn? After many days of pondering and reflecting on these questions, I came to the realization that business chose me. At the core of beliefs are the teachings of Jesus Christ. He is my Exemplar of what a great businessman should be like. Only his business is saving souls. If He was paid for his Work, He would be known as the Greatest businessman ever! Which brings up a good point, if Christ didn't do it for the money, what did He do it for? I've allowed that to marinade in my mind I have dug deep into my heart and soul of what is my purpose in business? I know I want to help people. Starting with my family. I want to provide for them and give them the quality of life they deserve. Second I want to provide a service or give people something they can use to better their lives. Money is not my motive for business but the benefits of success can provide me the opportunity to better serve others. I am learning each day that success is a difficult path to follow but comes with hard work, a love or passion for others, ethical boundaries, and dead aim focus on accomplishing goals. It truly isn't about the money. To me, the process towards success is rewarding enough. The money will come. It is only a matter of time. But I don't want to loose focus on the reasons why I do what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment